• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Handmade 25th FIS patch finished!

deand

a2jacketpatches said:
Dean, I was just at an embroidery shop here in town ( can't believe we actually have in this tiny spot on top of a mountain ) but anyway. They have that material I mentioned along with silk thread, the embroidery stuff in skeins. She said that bloody fingers and distortion is much less of an issue when using these materials. Silk would be awesome, I've used it before with machine guided embroidery and it looks great.

Great! I'll head up to Jo-Ann Fabrics in Flint and do some research on what they have. Thank you very much for your input. Now the question is: what patch to try next?!

dean

dmar836

I had seen that site but never found much more than moderns caps with military logos.
Great find for a good price. Let us know how they look!
Dave

deand

dmar836 said:
I had seen that site but never found much more than moderns caps with military logos.
Great find for a good price. Let us know how they look!
Dave

They are planning quite a few different caps! Honestly, I know a DMAR CAP CO. cap would be better, but I'm willing to try this one just to see it up close. I have in mind another patch and cap combo, one they can't make, and I'll discuss it with you in the future as you have the time to put into such a project, (Basically more 8 panel caps in different colors than what they offer).

dean