• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great US Navy deck jacket photos

Peter Graham

The link I've posted is to a great website that I sometimes contribute to which deals with Northern Ireland's role in WW2. It's a massive site and an ongoing project which the host, Andy Glenfield, puts a huge amount of effort into and I'm just glad that I can help out in a small way. Scroll about two thirds down the page in the link to see some very detailed period photos of US Navy deck jackets and other equipment. Merry Christmas !
http://www.ww2ni.com/countylondonderrypt1.htm

Tom Bowers

Great photos, thank you for sharing it with us

They all seem to be wearing the early blue deck jacket with the Zipper rather than the later one with the clasp closure

Also in evidence on most of the sailors are the matching wool lined bibs and the flyer style cap

Tom Bowers

PeterO

already visit this link

very good
very instructive

coolllllllllll

thanksssssssssssss
The link I've posted is to a great website that I sometimes contribute to which deals with Northern Ireland's role in WW2. It's a massive site and an ongoing project which the host, Andy Glenfield, puts a huge amount of effort into and I'm just glad that I can help out in a small way. Scroll about two thirds down the page in the link to see some very detailed period photos of US Navy deck jackets and other equipment. Merry Christmas !
Peter thanks for posting I wasn’t aware of this site.My grandfather worked on the construction of the jetty at Lisahally and repairing the ships on the quay. These are the first pictures I’ve seen of the work in progress.

Peter

Peter Graham

Peter thanks for posting I wasn’t aware of this site.My grandfather worked on the construction of the jetty at Lisahally and repairing the ships on the quay. These are the first pictures I’ve seen of the work in progress.

Peter
That's interesting Peter. He would have worked alongside the American civilian and military engineers sent over to construct the facility. I used to visit Lisahally quite often when I worked in Derry. The wooden jetty still exists, as do some of the original buildings and air raid shelters.

EmergencyIan

Here are a couple of great one! I love my "zip front" deck jacket.

beard.jpg

cold-1.jpg

Great site, Peter! Thanks for sharing it. I had no idea that it existed.

- Ian

Brent

Thanks for the link Peter. Three hours went by before I knew it. Bookmarked for more.

Regards,