• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Doniger A2 - 40 slender: mini-review, measurements, and fit pics

Abyss

John had this jacket returned new for sizing and I was fortunate enough that it worked out for me. Thanks again to Dany and Brettafett! Without them, this wouldn't have happened. This is my first Good Wear jacket, first goat hide A2, and first time seeing a Doniger contract.

This jacket is another testament to the amazing work that John does. The goat hide is supple out of the box with great grain. The construction is flawless to my eye. The Doniger contract with its roomier shoulders and arms works very well with my frame (5' 7", 140 lbs, 39.75 in chest, 31.75 waist). John was an absolute pleasure to work with.

I have to say that I'm really liking the looks and fit of the Doniger contract. For some reason, I never really payed much attention to it prior to this.

The jacket is a size 40 slender and it had a 19.5 inch waist measurement instead of the more typical 21 inch seen for a jacket this size, which again works very well for my frame. For those interested, I'll attach some out measurements and out of the box fit pics.

Out of the box measurements:
chest: 21.5 in front/22 in back (stretched)
shoulders: 17.5 in
back: 25.25 in
sleeves: 25.5 in
wind flap: 22.25 in

I've also attached a couple of current photos of the jacket after I've been wearing it for a week (about 40 hrs of wear time including being soaked in a rain shower). I think the grain has popped a bit more and it already feels broken in. I think it fits and looks great! Interestingly, the current measurements have changed more quickly than I would have expected.

Current measurements:
chest: 22.25 in front/22.25 in back (stretched)
shoulders: 17.75 in
back: 24.75 in
sleeves: 24.5 - 24.75 in
wind flap: 22 in

First 2 photos are out of the box and second 2 are after some wear and rain.

Happy to answer any questions if I can and thanks again for all the support and information from the forum!

Attachments

• IMG_5463_1.jpg
    IMG_5463_1.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_5465_1.jpg
    IMG_5465_1.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_5481-1.jpg
    IMG_5481-1.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_5483-1.jpg
    IMG_5483-1.jpg
    907.3 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

CK90

That's a cracking jacket and a wonderful fit, testament to JC's craftsmanship once again. Can see clearly already some of the moulding taking place after rain wear, wear this beauty in good health!

Pa12

John had this jacket returned new for sizing and I was fortunate enough that it worked out for me. Thanks again to Dany and Brettafett! Without them, this wouldn't have happened. This is my first Good Wear jacket, first goat hide A2, and first time seeing a Doniger contract.

This jacket is another testament to the amazing work that John does. The goat hide is supple out of the box with great grain. The construction is flawless to my eye. The Doniger contract with its roomier shoulders and arms works very well with my frame (5' 7", 140 lbs, 39.75 in chest, 31.75 waist - similar to an average WW2 era airman, so I've been told). John was an absolute pleasure to work with.

I have to say that I'm really liking the looks and fit of the Doniger contract. For some reason, I never really payed much attention to it prior to this.

The jacket is a size 40 slender and it had a 19.5 inch waist measurement instead of the more typical 21 inch seen for a jacket this size, which again works very well for my frame. For those interested, I'll attach some out measurements and out of the box fit pics.

Out of the box measurements:
chest: 21.5 in front/22 in back (stretched)
shoulders: 17.5 in
back: 25.25 in
sleeves: 25.5 in
wind flap: 22.25 in

I've also attached a couple of current photos of the jacket after I've been wearing it for a week (about 40 hrs of wear time including being soaked in a rain shower). I think the grain has popped a bit more and it already feels broken in. I think it fits and looks great! Interestingly, the current measurements have changed more quickly than I would have expected.

Current measurements:
chest: 22.25 in front/22.25 in back (stretched)
shoulders: 17.75 in
back: 24.75 in
sleeves: 24.5 - 24.75 in
wind flap: 22 in

First 2 photos are out of the box and second 2 are after some wear and rain.

Happy to answer any questions if I can and thanks again for all the support and information from the forum!
Perfect