• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Poughkeepsie?

bellumbill

So, Shawn at Five Star was kind enough to offer me a discount on a new jacket to correct the errors on the last one I ordered. So, for my last Five Star jacket I thought I would choose the Poughkeepsie. I would love to see some photos of anyone's Five Star Poughkeepsie jackets if you have purchased one.

Thank you Shawn and forum members!

Best,
Bill K.

Saint-ex

Hello !

1696955019549.png

1696955095438.png

You are welcome !

bellumbill

Thank you all - Will make a post when I get it. I am going with mid brown HH even though I realize this was likely a steerhide jacket during the war - I just prefer the lighter weight leather is all. Best to all! Bill K.

leper-colony

Thank you all - Will make a post when I get it. I am going with mid brown HH even though I realize this was likely a steerhide jacket during the war - I just prefer the lighter weight leather is all. Best to all! Bill K.
The leather as been pretty light weight on jackets I've seen from this contract.

Chandler

FWIW -- I have horse and steer hide jackets that run a wide gamut of "weights*" between them. I think it has more to do with cut and finish than species.

*That is, not their true weights on a scale (although one steer hide is a beast and the other is paper), but their drape and flexibility.