• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever heard of paratrooper A-2?

Skip

Raising this post again.

Must have missed this post for some reason, didn't realise they wore A2's. Read a D-DAY book recently and its piqued my interest. Are there any decent books on the history of the 101st and 82nd airborne? I know Couchy mentioned 'Geronimo"?

Also interested in sites showing their a-2 jackets and patches etc

foster

Geronimo is a collector reference book, has good photos of original Airborne A-2 jackets, but not much history.

For historical books, for the 101st I would recommend the books by George Koskimaki. For the 82nd, look for books by Phil Nordyke.

Peter Graham

Here's a photo from the dead man's corner museum in Normandy. This guy wore an A-2 under his M-42 jump jacket in the Normandy campaign. Sorry, I didn't take note of his name.

Skip

Thanks Peter, very helpful. The more you delve into individual campaigns and then again the people involved in them, the more you realise how much we don't know.

ausreenactor

Skip said:
Thanks Peter, very helpful. The more you delve into individual campaigns and then again the people involved in them, the more you realise how much we don't know.

What's this 'we'? ;)

Skip

ausreenactor said:
Skip said:

What's this 'we'? ;)
Ha, my humblest apologies oh wise and all knowing master. Your servant wish to know many things, fifty dollar, listen long time?

ausreenactor

Skip said:
ausreenactor said:
Skip said:

What's this 'we'? ;)
Ha, my humblest apologies oh wise and all knowing master. Your servant wish to know many things, fifty dollar, listen long time?

Ha! I surely do not profess to 'know it all'; however, I have been collecting WWII US Airborne since my mid-teens... As a combat patched 101st Veteran I was flattered to be 'part of the 101st's history' as Eagle 6 called it... If only it was the 82nd? :(

Lots of books out there... even more since Band of Brothers took hold.

Get into it...