• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early unusual B-3

Roughwear

It's certainly very rare as these undyed B-3s were made in very small numbers. This example has a broken zip and some patched repairs, but it is a desirable size 44, so the price is about right, but not for me!

fleet16b

In the Military section, they are now selling what they claim to be an A1
Looks the part except for the label
What does everyone else think ?

Silver Surfer

the a-1 looks right, and legit. air associates was a civy co. that supplied both a-1s and a-2s to both civilian pilots and aac-aaf airmen. the company was at mitchell field, [garden city now], where there is now a museum "the cradle of aviation". chappy has some great pix of a pre war air associates a-2 that was used in the cbi theater. these air associates jacs show up once in a while, but are dismissed by many collectors due to their misunderstanding of what they were . there is some discussion about security aviation togs, and air associates being two branches of the same company, though there is no documentation to support this thesis.

joeson

fleet16b said:
In the Military section, they are now selling what they claim to be an A1
Looks the part except for the label
What does everyone else think ?

They have had that jacket for some time,I remember looking at it some years ago when I was in Tokyo.Pretty much everything on it has been replaced,the label could have come from another item.As has been mentioned already,it looks like an A-1.