• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

early 1940's half belt

Geeboo

sharing my new jacket - early 40's half belt :)
I have an addiction to yellowish/ tan color leather, I am not much a fan of black things - black shoes/ black leather jacket.o_O
zipper is Conmar NOS and side buckle is hammered brass D ring dead-stock

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 310
  • inspiration.jpg
    inspiration.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 358
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    901 KB · Views: 341
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 312
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 331
  • portrait.jpg
    portrait.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

dmar836

Looks nice. Will be interesting to see how that particular leather breaks in with some good use. Many coddle their jackets, and with the price of many I understand. For me treating them as a utility jacket makes them look best. That same pattern in an "antiqued" cowhide would look great too!
JMO,
Dave

Bombing IP

Nice Jacket ,very nice cut and color especially liked the lining very typical of the period .Good job on the sewing !.

RGds BIP

Bombing IP

What color leather is that ,it shows the stitching very well .The jacket looks to be the perfect jacket for driving a car .

BIP

Bombing IP

Are you finding these jackets locally ,or are you buying them on the internet .I never see original jackets like this for sale in any size !.

BIP

Bombing IP

Do you get asked by people where do you get such a jacket ,and have you made any up for other people or this just for yourself a hobby ?.

BIP

Geeboo

thanks BIP. I am happy that someone appreciate the jacket. It is custom-made.
I am responsible for material sourcing, drafting of pattern on waste fabrics to make sure the proportion/curves/details are right ; making of a dummy jkt by myself before passing to my tailor to sew it for me. He then create another dummy jacket based on my pattern with improved cut , esp. on the sleeves and armholes. Minor alterations are made to the "closest" details of the jacket in my mind before the final cut on leathers.
so far, I just make for myself as a hobby.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

some opinions, if ya please. remember, opinions are like assholes, every body has em. for my taste the sleeve straps are set to high, and the pockets are kinda goofy looking, as they are asymmetrical [side to side] and fussy. however, the back is seriously kickass. you took the time to have the back pleat made to be functional as it should be. most makers of 1930s hb jackets do not do this. keep em coming, my man, keep em coming.

B-Man2

Geeboo........The jacket looks nice. For my taste I think I'd like it in a darker seal color.
Nice work!