• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David Brown.........deeb7.....RIP

joeson

Came across as a real gentleman and enthusiast,always happy to share his knowledge.Can't ask for more than that really,hope he checked out peacefully.

JDAM

Forever remembered, upside down propping up a lamp post at 7%. Enjoy the perfect repro on the other side. Rest in Peace.

HHjackets

i always look at the Who is online section to see who's logged in before logging in.
i will miss not seeing 'deeb7'.

Vcruiser

dujardin said:
i remember this post

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3701&hilit=signal

Zoomer had a genius idea to create a signal

superDavid.png

this signal reflect perfectly who was David, our super friend.

i will really miss him :cry:

David, you will stay in our heart for always
thanks for all

sincerelly yours
Marcel

i remember i call him very affectuously my ''human encyclopedy''.

it was on wish list if a day i had the chance to travel the world, to visit as many friends (of this this forum) as possible.
he was on the top of the list (in second place).
now it's too late, damned...

Perfect for a tribute photo...I think!

RCSignals

This is so surreal. I've read the entire thread half expecting a post from David at the end.

David was the most accepting, helpful person here. A true gentleman.

God speed David.

siddhartha

Administrator
So sorry to hear this. Terrible news, and a huge loss for us. A consummate gentleman...

Not much more I can say, that you've all said so well already.

Huge sense of loss. So sorry to hear this!

Chris

airfrogusmc

I am still in a non belief kinda mode. David was posting just a couple of days ago. So sudden and way to soon. His knowledge and posts will be missed. Rest in peace David, you will be missed.

mowgli

David's knowledge and insight has been a constant through multiple iterations of VLJ. I feel fortunate to have experienced his presence.

Mowgli

Peter Graham

Dave had been a presence on this forum in it's various incarnations for a very long time and it's going to be really hard getting used to things without him. The forum is going to much emptier, that's for sure. When others were at each others throats he was there with a level headed comment. When arguments arose about a contract number or a date he was there with the well thumbed Japanese reference books. I always enjoyed his wry humour and his memory was staggering. He never failed to post a birthday and was generous with his compliments, and his knowledge. When I learnt of his death I sent him a PM, just to say goodbye. Now when I check my messages there will always be a little number one beside the outbox to remind me. And if that number one disappears, well, then I'll smile. Adios old friend.

dujardin

great idea Peter

nobody have a contact adress, really wish to send a card to family.???????????????.

use my pm if you have such an adress
thanksssssss

marcel

SuinBruin

I still think it would be nice to collectively send flowers, or maybe make a donation to a charity David favored in his memory. If anyone is willing to spearhead the effort I would be glad to chip in.

dujardin

SuinBruin said:
I still think it would be nice to collectively send flowers, or maybe make a donation to a charity David favored in his memory. If anyone is willing to spearhead the effort I would be glad to chip in.

i follow on this, send flowers

it is the least we can do in remembrance of our friend David.

but need to know who will collect the found?
someone with paypal, it's the easiest.
who take the responsability to bring (or to send) the flowers?

i'm sure most of us wish and will follow

thanks in advance
marcel

bazelot

Shocking!! I just saw this thread and life is indeed fleeting. One day you're around the next you're gone... Makes you think! Rest In Peace!