• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crusher caps repops where to get

Pilot

No worries..
Item by item since absolutely no interest shown for this great legacy/heritage... not even a single blimp of interest.. so it will go...in pieces/ shreads ... No asking about it???no request???
OK for me but just wondering..

Last edited:

Pilot

I didn’t know you were offering up a grouping. I only saw the cap potentially offered.
Dave
Tunic, awards, documents ( sold within 24H) watches, bags, etc...
sorry not here since so far no interest shown ever...
Few items already sold to auctioning entrepreneurs...

Officer Dibley

This is my new Society Brand 'Bancroft' Flighter that was delivered a couple of hours ago. I added an original Eagle that will be polished!
View attachment 5971

Your call on polishing but i wonder why you wouldn't buy a modern repro if you want shiny ?
Though originals are common enough that you are hardly destroying something rare. And weren't they guilded to reduce the need to clean ? The US never liked bull & polishing ! :D

Steve27752

Your call on polishing but i wonder why you wouldn't buy a modern repro if you want shiny ?
Though originals are common enough that you are hardly destroying something rare. And weren't they guilded to reduce the need to clean ? The US never liked bull & polishing ! :D
I assumed it was like the RAF and British army...........If it is metal, polish it. I will no longer polish the cap eagles.

Officer Dibley

Steve, i'm not criticising.

I know the US guilded insignia . Old eagles lose it through wear. I have an original eagle on its' card and it is still quite bright. Certainly compared to brass.

I was only curious why you weren't using a modern one that was already right.

To my mind, a bright eagle is how it was meant to be seen.

Cheers, Dave

Steve27752

Steve, i'm not criticising.

I know the US guilded insignia . Old eagles lose it through wear. I have an original eagle on its' card and it is still quite bright. Certainly compared to brass.

I was only curious why you weren't using a modern one that was already right.

To my mind, a bright eagle is how it was meant to be seen.

Cheers, Dave
Hi Dave, I did not take it as a criticism merely an observation. I am into re-enactment and I like to be as accurate as is possible. My RAF buttons and cap badge are always polished before an event and sometimes during the event if it is over two or three days. I assumed the eagle would have been polished? However, sometimes I do wonder who is going to be bothered polishing when they have just risked there lives flying over a combat zone?

Greg Gale

I placed an order for a WPG crusher. I read that they run large, and one should order a size smaller, which I did. I got the cap last week, and I was swimming in it. Overall it's good quality for the money, but it was too large for me. So I looked up "exchange" on their website, that said EU customers should send it back to the UAE warehouse after getting a returns code. I filled the form, received the code by email, wrote it on the package, and sent it to the UAE. The return postage cost almost as much as the cap itself. Grrr... THEN I got an email from their customer service that I should send the cap back to California. I wrote them it's too late, and that I have a tracking number. No reply. Today I see "unsuccessful delivery" in the status field on the post office's website. I dropped them another mail. Not going very well so far, not at all. I'm still trusting that I'll eventually get one in the right size, because the quality was definitely there. Fingers crossed.

Brettafett

Greg, thats unfortunate. I hope they cover the postage in this case, return info not being very clear...
What size did you purchase and what size are you hoping to replace it with? Thanks...

Greg Gale

I went for a 7 1/4, guessing I need a 7 1/8. normally I'm between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8. More like the latter. The same was with their Irvin. I'm 40-42 and ended up needing a 38.

Pilot

Sorry to read about your issues, but, why buying a Repro? risking all this?
WW2 good originals sell for 160 Euro shipping to EU incl.

Greg Gale

@Pilot - because when they are in good condition they cost quite a bit more than that. I set myself a limit of 100 USD, and looked for the best bang for the buck in that range. Your cap is beautiful, but 7 1/8 is only my "WPG size", it would probably be too small.

Pilot

I went for a 7 1/4, guessing I need a 7 1/8. normally I'm between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8. More like the latter. The same was with their Irvin. I'm 40-42 and ended up needing a 38.
have a 7 1/8 mint...scroll the thread...
b52e7d26-d9f2-46b1-b726-4e7c4102a728-jpeg.7182