• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crackdown

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, Folks,

Our forum policy is to use minimum moderation so that everything flows in a haphazard fashion and you, the members, eventually straighten things out when they go awry.

Most of the time it works well.

So why bother fixing something that isn't broken????? Well, it is broken, just a tiny bit - a wee crack.

Here's what I'm seeing - some posts in the improper sections, politics outside of the Life Beyond the Internet section and a slight downward trend to starting flames and name calling.

Now here's what I suggest.

Place the subject of your posts in the proper section - it isn't as if we're short on forum sections.

Keep all political remarks in the Life Beyond the Internet forum.

Absolutely no flaming or name calling - this will not be tolerated.

Reread - I'm presuming you all have read them - FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT and POSTING TO THE FORUM posts at the head of each section.

Please remember that we are the forum, so let's keep behaving as a cohesive unit that has a common goal - Vintage Leather Jacket appreciation.

Thanks,

Bill French

A

Anonymous

Roger that. I have been name calling, but I was provoked.

zoomer

I am guilty just recently of being a sorehead but he started it waa waa waa etc, posting pix of German barmaids, making gratuitous mention of a place called Kiek in de Kok, and alluding to a fellow VLJ'er's "goodies" in a way that could easily be misunderstood.

I will endeavor to clean up my act.

John Lever

zoomer said:
I am guilty just recently of being a sorehead but he started it waa waa waa etc, posting pix of German barmaids, making gratuitous mention of a place called Kiek in de Kok, and alluding to a fellow VLJ'er's "goodies" in a way that could easily be misunderstood.

I will endeavor to clean up my act.

That's just harmless banter. I think the request applies to others.

Andrew

zoomer said:
posting gratuitous pix of German barmaids, mentioning medieval fortresses in Estonia with dirty sounding names....

Wouldn't beat yourself up Paul, I didn't see where Bill objected to that, raised a bit of a laugh here....

zoomer

:cool: whew. thanks fellas.

Here, have a gratuitous beer maiden pic.
Oktoberfest.jpg

Sorry there's so little left.

A

Anonymous

Well yea your right Bill. I have learned my lesson in the past.

A

Anonymous

zoomer said:
:cool: whew. thanks fellas.

Here, have a gratuitous beer maiden pic.
Oktoberfest.jpg

Sorry there's so little left.
Zoomer, no one will fault you for those kinds of post. Keep them coming.

zoomer

The annual Beer and T!!$ Festival itself.

This has to be the kindest, gentlest Crackdown in the history of electronic discussion media.

Vcruiser

zoomer said:
The annual Beer and T!!$ Festival itself.

This has to be the kindest, gentlest Crackdown in the history of electronic discussion media.

Yes..probably so....but if someone such as I were to dare call you a Hooligan...wizeacre..or tubaplayer in the wrong place(not that I would!)...all memory of my existence here would most likely be deleted for all eternity(poll or no poll). However..no need to get your hopes up. I ain't gonna do it!........ :|
Dawg

zoomer

Vcruiser said:
....but if someone such as I were to dare call you a Hooligan...wizeacre..or tubaplayer in the wrong place(not that I would!)...
...you'd be at least 1/3 correct.

243597546_c999dc22d3.jpg

Mind you, I'm not a good tuba player...I just own one.

zoomer

Relax. It hasn't been out in a year and a half. Damn thing weighs 50 lbs all packed up in its case, which being a laughably antiquated 1929 model (like the horn), has just one (1) handle and no (0) wheels. So it's a cold day in hell when I take it out.

Willy McCoy

Re: Clampdown

Yup, Nice mugs for sure. After the last elections on the "Life Beyond the Internet" and my experience I just don't go to the political threads. It was hard to be flamed by people I once respected. Now four years has passed and the results speak much more eloquently than I could've ever mustered.

Willy McCoy

No, very, very happy that you've realized our situation now that your level has been achieved. Thank you Wingnuts but no thanks.

Pope

The pics remind me of Backfishfest in Worms, Germany was lucky to have enjoyed 2 of them while I was stationed there. There were always well endowed beer mugs as I remember.

Members online

Latest posts