• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coastal Command?

Silver Surfer

watta mess. not beast, not fowl, not fish. too much is like too little. oh, and there is that price for that thing. ouch

unclegrumpy

The model is pretty authentic looking, but IMO would look better without the HWT....probably worried if he sweats anymore in that thing he might have to buy it...

As far as the jacket, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but for historical accuracy, it is ridiculous.

Below are photos of a real one:
ken1.jpg

ken9.jpg

A

Anonymous

so those pockets etc are a product of his imagination right?

unclegrumpy

I have not seen enough of the Coastal Command jackets to say they did not field modify them like that or not, but all I have seen were like in the pictures I posted....basically an Irvin with a yellow fleece hood.

To me, this looks like a Frankenstein fantasy between an Irvin and a USAAF B-7.....here is a look at a B-7:

b7-parka.jpg

bseal

I'm confident that Andy Falzon could have something just as nice to compete with this if he wanted to.

chamboid

I've seen this jacket in the flesh, at the Cabourn store which has just open, it's not a bad jacket, but expensive and a little over designed, but that what he does.

It's actually a collaboration with Alexander leathers who I believe the sheepskin is from, and constructed it.

I believe the winter collection, or next years or something is inspired by the RAF WWII so expect to see a lot more sheepskin and ventile.

Peter Graham

Sorry, where's the similarity to a Coastal Command jacket ? The product of someone with too much cocaine and money and aimed at someone with too much cocaine and money. Repulsive.

Andrew

As Andrew says it's a mess and nothing like a CC jacket. The only authentic look about it is it appears the model's been plucked from a week feeding fish in the Channel.

Members online

Latest posts