• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

China PLA Air Force flight jacket from 2021

Goetsch

I'm not sure if this is worn by helicopter pilots,It looks very similar to CVC

c13f318b7f975e8a4c358800fed41e6.jpg
cd9f1a75d87e15c86e10b02baf4a1d5.jpg
e173bf2efe0f4fc5e8bf2295c139d62.jpg

Last edited:

MauldinFan

When I was in the Army, it seemed funny to me how many other nation's armies wore uniforms very similar to ours.
This looks close to a CWU-36 and seems quite nice. I'd buy one if I ever found a reasonably priced on that fit.

Goetsch

When I was in the Army, it seemed funny to me how many other nation's armies wore uniforms very similar to ours.
This looks close to a CWU-36 and seems quite nice. I'd buy one if I ever found a reasonably priced on that fit.
Yeah, it's interesting, in my perception the chinese PLAAF uses the Soviet model of leather jackets, there has never been this type before...

Thomas Koehle

nailed it - that's exactly the set i own ...

the chemical stink of the leather is horrible - other than that the material seems to be not that bad and overall - together with those pants - pretty comfy to wear even in a cramped cockpit

i used to wear the pants when ridin' my CJ750 (ChangJiang 750) through BJ on colder days

evre2f9.jpg

BJ does not really have the 4 seasons but the change from summer to winter and vice versa is just a matter of a couple of days - that was at least how it felt

Shanghai-Mayne

nailed it - that's exactly the set i own ...

the chemical stink of the leather is horrible - other than that the material seems to be not that bad and overall - together with those pants - pretty comfy to wear even in a cramped cockpit

i used to wear the pants when ridin' my CJ750 (ChangJiang 750) through BJ on colder days
Yes, agree, I think it is better designed one, compared to the newer type 02.

Shanghai-Mayne

Post these pics for reference purpose

China cloth flight jacket after 1990

This type issued to SU-27 pilots
1CD48DE4-865B-4C44-A165-597F808EFBDA.jpeg

This type issued to naval aviators
23F07CFB-B8F0-4B75-B5F9-ABD93627886F.jpeg

Special order item issued to test pilots

0D27A4D7-88E7-4803-8BA1-83EC8C77D70F.jpeg

MauldinFan

The funy thing is I was wondering how one might find one of these current PLA flight jackets, not like I need yet another jacket, though.
But good luck doing a search for "Chinese flight jacket" in any context for something specific, as you'll essentially get anything currently being made, for clearly obvious reasons.

Shanghai-Mayne

The funy thing is I was wondering how one might find one of these current PLA flight jackets, not like I need yet another jacket, though.
But good luck doing a search for "Chinese flight jacket" in any context for something specific, as you'll essentially get anything currently being made, for clearly obvious reasons.
I don’t know the evil-bay, have not use that site for years. It is easy to find some old type leather jacket on Taobao, like Type-59 and Type-02 , and various type of cloth jackets ,but, so far it’s hard to find Type-(20)21 shown on the first post.