Buzz Rickson L-2A - anybody got one in a size 44?

Discussion in 'Nylon' started by MeachamLake, Jul 23, 2018.

1. MeachamLake

MeachamLake Active Member

Hi all,

I’ve been pondering another nylon for a while now. I did have a Buzz L-2 repro a size 44 earlier this year but I moved it on to fund my Eastman A-2.

I’ve been looking again at nylon and the Buzz Rickson L-2A in blue has caught my attention...I much prefer it to the green of the L-2.

Does anybody have one in a size 44? I would just like to confirm the measurements if possible, in particular the back length. I’m quite tall so the longer the better - the L-2 was about 25.5 which seems short on paper, but nylon seems to wear longer so it looked ok on me. Everything I’ve read suggests the L-2A is slightly longer still at about 26/26.5 inches long which would be ideal.

If anybody has one let me know, even better if you’d be interested in selling :) thanks!

2. UBIK

UBIK New Member

size 44 are easier to find on ebay. But pricey, yes. In Japan you can't have a 44 in second hand shop: very rare. most size are 36-38; some 40. Sorry not much help here: I only have 36-38. I have a friend that as a rare L-2 Reed Product in 40 for sale.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Thomas Koehle likes this.
  4. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

Indeed I own one in 44 - thx Brice for the reminder!

What dimensions are you after to confirm Meacham?

5. MeachamLake

MeachamLake Active Member

Hi Thomas!

Back length is really what I'm most bothered about - HPA suggests a 26.5 inch back length on a size 44. Sleeve length would be helpful too...thanks!

6. Officer Dibley

Officer Dibley Active Member

If it's too short for you, i'd be interested ;-)

7. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

OK then these are the dimesions:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lengths of the back measured with both collar and waist knittings: 71 cm equals 28"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

length sof back measured without knittings: 57.5 cm equals 22.6"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sleevelenght "inner" measured from armpit: 48 cm equals 18.9 "

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sleevelenght "outter" measured from shoulder seam: 64 cm equals 25.2"

for comparison: i`m 1.90 mtr (74") weight about 97 kg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saludos!

Thomas

8. Officer Dibley

I don't normally go for badged jackets but this is Very nice Thomas !

Monsoon and Thomas Koehle like this.
  9. Rutger

Rutger Well-Known Member

There's an L-2A (patched) on ebay.com auction right now. The body of the BR L-2A is indeed roomier and a tad longer than that of the BR L-2. In my memory the sleeve length of both are similar. I wear size 40 for both. L-2B has the best fit, then L-2A, and the L-2 is the lesser of the three (for me, that is).
    It's quite doable to remove the patches, as the stitchholes aren't actually holes as in leather; i' ve massaged them away pretty good and was happy with the result. Wet the nylon, it lets you straighten the fibers around the stitch holes better.

Officer Dibley likes this.
  10. Officer Dibley

I'd have to take the rank off as i work on a US AFB and possubly wear it sometimes. The one on the back frame is framed by the stencil. I'd see that as having to stay.
    Handy to know you can hide tge stitch holes so thanks for that advice Rutger