• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson B-15A, 1st Look

Brettafett

Looks very, very nice Dmitry... and for the price... I am considering a Bronson B-10 now also, as the Dong keeps selling out!
If anyone happens upon a Bob Bong or Bronson B-10 in a 42 actually available pls do let me know.

Dmitry, that so cute with the teddy in the jacket ;) Looking forward to a real you posting fit pics.

Flightengineer

Looks very, very nice Dmitry... and for the price... I am considering a Bronson B-10 now also, as the Dong keeps selling out!
If anyone happens upon a Bob Bong or Bronson B-10 in a 42 actually available pls do let me know.

Dmitry, that so cute with the teddy in the jacket ;) Looking forward to a real you posting fit pics.

Brett, this teddy installed in jacket by my daughter (it's her best friend as and plush Fox from Little Prince cartoon). This bear has the fame of a "pilot" and he flies with her everywhere :) She is 11 and unlike my eldest son she is absolutely an aviation child. She loves my flight jackets and adores planes, sometimes I took her with me .

Last edited:

DJS48

Regarding the Bronson B-15A, is the lining as "thick" as the Bronson B-10? I do have a Bronson B-10 and the lining is "thicker" than the Buzz RW B-10 I also have. It appears to me one cannot go wrong with the Bronson B-15A. Waiting for some wearing pictures Flightengineer and enjoy your B-15A.
Regards,
Don

Flightengineer

Hi Don,
I don't have B-10, sorry have nothing to compare.
I'm waiting for a lot of moves/flights today and in the coming days. When I get back I'll try to take some pics in this jacket.

Flightengineer

A small update.

Jacket was washed (thanks for the advice, Thomas!) and get bit nice fade and a more historical look.

69a4f5aafbd1.jpg

5ec1526f7760.jpg

a45381fabf3a.jpg

Initially, the historically incorrect G-1 style zip puller was replaced with a made copy of the original leather B-15A's puller.

Added 317th Troop Carrier Group stencil on the back (details of the process here http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/talking-about-stencils.21233/page-2#post-207453 ).

e6f1390f0fd3.jpg

Now waiting for the ordered embroidered on the period's machines 41st TC squadron deployment chest patch.

And, yes...still damned hot for the fit pics here.

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Burt,
I asked my seller about your size. She said that it totally sold out but she expects new arrival at the end of autumn and promised to inform me when will have 2XL.
If it happens I'll let you know.

Dmitry pls also drop me a note when you hear those B15 are restocked in a XXL / 44

Flightengineer

Dmitry pls also drop me a note when you hear those B15 are restocked in a XXL / 44

OK, Thomas, the main thing is that Bronson will made them in general.
It's strange that I often hear that many people want to buy these jackets in 44, 46 size but the manufacturer does not react though.

Flightengineer

Hi All.
The jacket showed a flaw, I don't know if it will disappear it in the future, but I must told you about it - I consider it my duty to share about.
There is some migration of hairs (pile) of wool lining. After washing, I tried the vacuum cleaner twice to resolve it and it is still little falls out, as if the pile was not firmly fixed.
It do not stick on the clothes (T-shirt), but are captured by hands if do it on purpose. Maybe it's defect (low quality lining) I don't know. In any case I like this jacket and its look , I'll wear this jacket in cold weather and look what will happens.

Last edited: