• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson 37J1 - opinions wanted

Geeboo

Yes, it is. Very nice jacket , IMO.
the lower is the corozo button that comes with the jacket., which I find it "too good". I am thinking to replace with a "coarser" button on the upper - what do you think ?
20180414_003007.jpg

Grommet added. Please note from another original specimen [photo] that these grommet do not pierce through the lining - the same copied. :>

Attachments

• 20180414_003554.jpg
    20180414_003554.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 317
  • grommet.jpg
    grommet.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

Dr H

Thanks Geebo.
Personally, I’d opt for the coarser button.
Your post has convinced me to order one of these (the plain, pre-washed version in the XL I guess).

Dr H

I’ve opted for a 42 in the unmarked khaki from an EBay distributor with the following dimensions:

Chest 45.7”
Shoulders 18.5”
Sleeve 26.18”
Length 26”

The sleeves are longer than I’d like, but should be balanced by the narrower shoulder.

I’ll pick up a Waldes zip and insert grommets as you have posted, Geebo.

Thomas Koehle

I hope to get mine by next Monday - asked one of my previous workmates in Beijing to bring one along to Mexico

As far as I remember the „marked“ version has those armpit-grommets

Will also post some pics as soon as it arrives

Dr H

The seller is ‘ncstara’ in China with 6,952 sales and 99.7% positive feedback.
My 37J1 has just despatched...

CBI

my blue one arrived - 100% recommend except I wish the collar was a little higher. Great jacket - super price - TOO small for me. If you are larger than an almost 44, the largest size is too small. Size UPPPPP facilitating return now on Amazon - bummer for me - if larger - a real keeper. Bought on Amazon, shipped from China but there is a return address in the US so cost me $15 to return. Not a big deal. Sure wish they made these in larger sizes!

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

fully second what CBI pointed out:

just got "my" khaki unmarked prewashed version of the BRONSON 37J1 this morning from a pal bringing it over straight from China

already own a BRONSON-made 37J1 with the USN stencil on the chest and the leather-ranks patch

really happy with the fit and quality of the jacket I ordered again a XXL / 44 like I did with my first BRONSON 37J1 but the one I received today fits more like a 42 - remarkable difference in the production runs which is not so uncommon with Chinese manufacturers

fits like a glove - arms almost too short - bottom line: the labeled 44 actually fits like a 42 and other than the initial production run

some fitpics for enjoyment - no chance for me to send back coz was directly purchased in China

sX084di.jpg

nUfZUXG.jpg

mVTMGea.jpg

yep pics where taken at my companies restroom ...

Last edited:

B-Man2

Damn..... I ordered a XXL from Amazon and now that I see yours Thomas, I’m pretty sure I’ll never fit into it. I’m 6’ 1 “ and about 214lbs. Are we close in size maybe?

Thomas Koehle

B-Man I'm 6`2 " - and about 210 lbs so I don`t think the jacket will fit or maybe you like it thight ...

but before getting nervous just wait until it arrives maybe there is differences in the dimensions or the labeling on mine was just wrong????

CBI

B-2 Its also going to depend what sort of fit you want. The fit of mine looks like Thomas' and for me, it was too snug. I would probably prefer 2 sizes larger. Yes, fit me like a glove but for me, too form fitting.

Thomas, not saying yours does not fit you!

Not only does the sizing vary but I think the sizing overall is on the small side of the "listed" sizes based on personal experience now with 6 Bronson items.

Great stuff no doubt.

Thomas Koehle

well that`s the other BRONSON 37J1 I own - was from the 1st production batch and is simply larger although also labeled with the same size like the one I got today

IF6bBkz.jpg

dajORKk.jpg

U1Q9ZpP.jpg

the one I got today is also too tight for my taste

also as can be seen on those pics the collar is higher on the 1st version

Last edited:

B-Man2

Thomas
That first version looks good on you. If mine comes through that size I would be happy with it.

falcon_ib

Agreed on Bronson jackets being a bit smaller than their marked sizes. My Bronson B-15C (Mod.) is marked 36 but almost fits closer to a 34. Great jacket, review to come soon

Brent

I may be in the minority here but the second jacket received, tighter fitting, looks best. If you want to unload it, PM me.

Regards,

Persimmon

I may be in the minority here but the second jacket received, tighter fitting, looks best. If you want to unload it, PM me.

Regards,

I agree.
To me the original bought jacket looks a size large.
I guess it’s all about how we like jackets to fit.
I prefer the sharper close fit look so the new one has the tighter look.

B-Man2

Thomas
If you decide to keep the tighter jacket and sell the larger one please keep me in mind. I’d be happy to purchase it.