• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best B-10 repro?

sparidon

Guys,
In your opinion, who makes the best B-10 repro? I am looking at ELC, or Buzz. I'm looking for a size 46. Thanks.

Seth

better duck

Love my ELC, which, to my non-expert eyes looks authentic too - and great to wear, very easy fitting. I even wear it over an A2 occasionally

Phantomfixer

I like the BR with the berry knits what a stunner. It only goes up to 44, bummer for me. I take a 44 or 46 short.

ausreenactor

Buzz Rickson Oldin-Dennis!! Non-itch lining...

And the RM Stagg is a pretty impressive jigger too...

Couchy

Roughwear

IMO the best value and one of the best repros is the ELC B-10. I've had mine for a year now and can't fault it.

NW Carver

Got to agree with Andrew - I have had mine since 2005, the tag in the pocket reads number 0039, and its a brilliant jacket.. :D

DJS48

Except from what I have read on the forum regarding the best B-10 reproduction, I don't have any expierence with cloth jackets. It appears the ELC and BR B-10 are the top rated ones. I'd like to know if that still holds true since last year's posts and if anyone has recently purchased one of these jackets. My previous sizing with ELC A-2's is the 40(R)/42(R) range. I'd appreciate any information.

Regards,
Don

TankBuster

Don,

I owned a couple different ELC B-10's before I came to the conclusion that I need a size larger than I wore in their A-2 jackets. I wear size 42 in most ELC A-2 jackets but I personally had to go with a 44 in the B-10. The 42 B-10 fit, but I couldn't wear much under it. I preferred the slightly larger fit of the 44.

Best of luck.

Dr H

I'm beginning to think the same Jeff. I haven't had any ELC A-2 jackets, but I wear a 44 in an ELC A-1 (and GW A-2). I'm wearing my 44 ELC B-10 now, but I'm beginning to wonder about whether a 46 in the B-10 might work better.

TankBuster

Dr H said:
I'm beginning to think the same Jeff. I haven't had any ELC A-2 jackets, but I wear a 44 in an ELC A-1 (and GW A-2). I'm wearing my 44 ELC B-10 now, but I'm beginning to wonder about whether a 46 in the B-10 might work better.

You will probably be happier. ;) It's meant to be more of a cold weather jacket, and I like to wear a sweater or thicker shirt under mine. The 44 affords me alot more room to do so but yet not look overly big and sloppy.

DJS48

Guys,

Thanks for the replies and information. could I presume the BR B-10 is similar in measurements for a given size? At this moment I believe the BR is somewhat less money for a new one and would entertain a used one from a forum member also, although I have not posted on the buy/sell segment as yet. In addition, would anyone be able to supply some measurements of their B-10? At any rate thanks for the information as it helps get me started.

Regards,
Don

Willy McCoy

I have an Aero Leather Clothing "Test Sample" that I bought from someone on the old forum.

It has risen above the dismal reviews to be a stellar jacket. Faded and looks great in its "Thirty Mission" patina. The mouton collar is appreciated as well as the sturdy construction. I just wish it had the wartime "deco" Talon zipper.

I would put the jacket up against any B-10 in a long haul comparison. Been through the wringer and asks for seconds.