• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B 3 collar snaps

John Lever

I recently discovered that the B 3 collar snaps have an additional function other than merely holding the collar down. The right hand side snap is double faced with an inner female face so that it can attatch to the male side of the left hand snap. This is an another way to fasten the collar without using the straps.
Forgive me if you already know all this,but it came as a pleasant surprise. I can't fasten them anyway without assistance !

A

Anonymous

Yes, true. Where did you find that detail? On an original? or your ELC? RMNZ? or?

On some jackets I think the double side snap can be found at the left hand side if I recall correctly.

John Lever

PLATON said:
Yes, true. Where did you find that detail? On an original? or your ELC? RMNZ? or?

On some jackets I think the double side snap can be found at the left hand side if I recall correctly.
On my RMNZ and ELC,at first I thought it was a manufacturing error.

A

Anonymous

Good that they have it, as that detail does not show on the photos on their website.
Those snaps are extremely hard to find. I busted my a$$ trying to find them for the BK B-3. Found them though.

Falcon_52

Yes, that is a very thoughful design feature. Like you said, it certainly helps keep the collar up while you work the straps with (usually) frozen-up hands. Very handy indeed.

Noel

leper-colony

PLATON said:
Good that they have it, as that detail does not show on the photos on their website.
Those snaps are extremely hard to find. I busted my a$$ trying to find them for the. Found them though.

B-B-B... BK B-3? :shock:

Otter

Just dug down into the fleece on my 2 yo Eastman house B3, and there it is. Well spotted John, In probably would never have noticed it.

omarco

leper-colony said:
PLATON said:
Those snaps are extremely hard to find. I busted my a$$ trying to find them for the. Found them though.

B-B-B... BK B-3? :shock:

I noticed that aswell :)

A

Anonymous

Yes, BK has got 3 original B-3s and one repro which they used to study and make patterns from.
All is sorted out and they could start making the B-3 jacket in 2014. However, the project is postponed for the moment as they are trying to gauge what will be the demand for B-3 jackets.

You can see the original B-3s hanging there (top right corner)
1461320_685128351517459_1149261415_n.jpg

better duck

Otter said:
Just dug down into the fleece on my 2 yo Eastman house B3, and there it is. Well spotted John, In probably would never have noticed it.
Me too - yep, there it is, and it works - and me neither!