• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR Bronco 29191 A-2

Smithy

After being harassed (nicely) by a couple of my mates here I finally got around to taking a few snaps of my recent AVI Bronco which is 3 weeks old today. I've worn it a bit and have to say that it's starting to wear in beautifully, the goatskin has tons of character and the grain is beginning to pop out in places. The hide is a very nice milk chocolate shade and is very comfortable to wear. This seems to adhere to the typical Bronco pattern of being trim in the torso and with that very athletic look to the shoulders and profile. This is a 44 and I'm 6'2'' with a 41'' chest and am 185lbs with wide-ish shoulders and the pattern is I think a very good fit for my build. I'm absolutely thrilled with this jacket and it's already become a real favourite, it's a real joy to wear and I just love it.

Here's the pics for what they are, all taken on my Samsung phone (sorry the one of the zip is horribly out of focus).

ApsYRju.jpg

dotUOvh.jpg

A1JBKxz.jpg

sGfdGd4.jpg

SJ0Ca5E.jpg

B0Ptbnr.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Tim;
Great looking jacket and an excellent fit!
Love the Seal color, wish I would have gotten that one instead of the Russet color.
For the money you can't beat this deal....can't understand what all the huff is about.

Silver Surfer

dunno about the beefing, but that one looks good to me. ive had it with coughing up 1k+ for a repro a-2. for all intents and purposes, the avi line is making affordable, reasonably detailed, well made a-2s accessible to guys that can not afford, or who, like me, do not want to spend buco bucks for a repro.

Brettafett

Looks fantastic Tim, that fit is spot on. Exactly how I'd want mine to fit.
Now this really is a jacket one can wear, and wear in... without worrying about having paid thousands. I'm sure these will also age very well.

Smithy

Thanks for the comments guys. I am thrilled with the fit which is exactly how I wanted it - the AVI size chart measurements were bang on.

B-Man2

Very nice guys......they only make me want a Seal colored AVI all the more. Unfortunately they’re out of 48’s with no re supply in the foreseeable future. Please do an update at some point in the future as they age and get some grain to them.
Cheers
B-Man2

Skip

Pretty fab lookin' jacket you got there Tim

Jacket and you, one you are. Now for all those imperial storm troopers out there who think AVI kit is not up to scratch, think again. The Rebels fight on.

Brettafett

Haha The Force is strong with this one...
With the price increases now going mad... If Avi can build on their jackets and maintain the vicinity of what they are charging now, well, things are going to go very well for them.
I understood the next batch would be available later this year... Maybe they are looking at another manufacturer, and are focusing on the Perry. Man, I do hope they do more Broncos.

Brettafett

I recon, we should start a thread later this year, showing all these Broncos after some wear.
I am planning to do some 'art' on mine also, but not sure yet, exactly how/what I will do.

Smithy

I recon, we should start a thread later this year, showing all these Broncos after some wear.
I am planning to do some 'art' on mine also, but not sure yet, exactly how/what I will do.

Greg's GF did the Memphis Belle art on one of his Brett, you could ask Greg to get some tips off of her.

Although I've only done a T-shirt thus far, I'd still stencil what you can with a jacket as it's a fun process which gives very good results.

Brettafett

I did had a word with her Smithy, she is darn good. I also met and spoke with Eric Herenguel. He is a French artist, also painting jackets and comics etc,.
I guess, I am debating a couple of options... Hopefully things quieten down a bit and I can get back into this project.