• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At the movies

rich

No stranger to the A-2, here's Tommy Lee Jones in the forthcoming Captain America. No idea as to the maker unfortunately.

tl1.jpg

tl2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Wow this movie will be fun.

Nice looking jacket, seems like it has the correct wwii cut.

johnwayne

Quite looking forwrd to Cap't America having read so many Marvel comics as kid - let's hope it's better than the TV film some years ago - the trailer certainly looks good and, quite graphic!

Also, what's happening with George Lucas's Tuskegee Airmen - there was much tlak of this film on this site and as far I heard it was 'in the can' - anyone know anymore, like a realease date or have I missed something? It's all gone quiet!

Cheers
Wayne

flyboy

From one of my favourite movies - CATCH 22

Catch-22-Art-Garfunkel_l.jpg

And they wore some pretty accurate flightgear too. Besides the A2s.

johnwayne

Got that movie on DVD for Xmas so recently watched it again and yes the flight gear appeared pretty accurate - many of the jackets I thought looked so good I question if they bought oringials especially for the movie - chances of all fitting the actors concerned suggest that's doubtful but as I say some cool jackets there!!

cheers
Wayne

SuinBruin

Catch-22 is one of my favorite books of all time. Some day I'm going to get an A-2 and put a "J. Yossarian" name tag on it, just for the hell of it and to see if anyone out in the world gets the joke.

bob capa

I dont know if its already been mentioned but Jerry levine in Teen Wolf is wearing an A2. Sorry i dont have a pic but check it out

Dr H

I think you'll find it in the OP:

The War Lover / Steve McQueen, Robert Wagner
The Great Escape / Steve McQueen
The Flying Tigers / John Wayne
Pearl Harbor / Alec Baldwin, Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett
The Hitcher / Thomas C Howell

Any others? Please help complete this list

gyrobroyeur

Dr H said:
I think you'll find it in the OP:

The War Lover / Steve McQueen, Robert Wagner
The Great Escape / Steve McQueen
The Flying Tigers / John Wayne
Pearl Harbor / Alec Baldwin, Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett
The Hitcher / Thomas C Howell

Any others? Please help complete this list

Ah! I miss it ! (and I searshed it twice). I need to buy glasses! ;)

Atticus

Happened on Annie Hall tonite. Woody Allen wears a white lable M-51. Makes me want to sell my M-51s.

annie-hall_l.jpg

AF

9thinfdiv

Not too sure if this has been mentioned but what about "Psycho" in "Stripes"? Does anyone know if the A-2 he was wearing was original or a well worn repro?

Atticus

I've never seen Satan Never Sleeps. Never even heard of it until now. T-shirt and A-2. Denim shirt and MA-1. Turtle neck and G-1. Clerical collar and M-422...whatdaya think, Dean, could ya' make it work?

AF

A

Anonymous

!Bm,,H0wCGk~$(KGrHqYH-DgEttbk28UTBLfdWl2wDg~~_3.JPG

somebody save this pic pls , because when the auction ends will disappear

B17b25guy

Also, William Holden in 'I Wanted Wings'.

Other films.....
God is my Co-Pilot
Air Force
Aerial Gunner
Fighter Squadron
Command Decision
Battle Hymn
Only Angels Have Wings - (A1)
Thunderbirds
Central Airport
Dawn Patrol
Midway