• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AT THE FRONT N-1 DECK JACKET DEAL OF THE DAY $99 YES an N-1 NEW!!!!!

CBI

Couch - I missed out buying the blue one you had for sale a few weeks ago!!!!! What is the Navy deck zip???

ausreenactor

Pretty much a USN tanker jacket. They had the Deck Zip, then the Deck Hook after the zips rusted up... Then the N-1 from memory..

br11328_top.jpg

ausreenactor

Tim P has one of mine at the moment, keeping it safe.. Shipped it to Perth when he was 'down under' and he tabbed back with it...

Atticus

My ATF N-1 came just now. First, a disclaimer. I've never owned or worn an original N-1, so I can't very well comment on how "accurate" is this reproduction. I can tell you...with confidence...that this jacket is much like the other four ATF repros I own. It is a high quality, well made reproduction that looks much like an original and didn't break the bank. Other impressions:

Like many ATF jackets, it isn't skimpy. I ordered an XL but could have fit into a large if I had wanted that elusive "military fit. But like many older men, I like loosely fitting outerwear...and underwear...so I'll let the younger folks wear the trim jackets and I'll keep my XL.

As a point of reference, this deck jacket is only slightly larger than my two Vietnam era A-2 deck jackets, which are also size XL. In this photo, I'm wearing only a cotton shirt beneath the N-1. Were I to also wear a vest or a sweatshirt...as I frequently do in cold weather...the fit would be spot on.

The shell is jungle cloth. I've never owned anything made of jungle cloth, but I'm impressed with it. It definitely gives the jacket a vintage look and feel.

It is damn warm. Too warm to wear in the 90 degree heat, while Jackie fiddles with a camera. Which is why I only have one photo...and a grumpy-ass face.

The owner of ATF says their N-1 is lighter than an original. I'll take his word on that. I think it weighs about the same as a 1964 A-2 deck jacket.

I like the lining. It looks like the original lining; it's soft and it doesn't itch.

The sleeves are a bit too long for me. All sleeves of all jackets are always too long for me. Always.

IMG_0961.JPG

AF

Last edited:

Smithy

Looks sweet AF. That, your B-10 and your tanker are going to get a lot of use once the weather cools off.

Like you I'm a recent ATF fan, love their stuff and their philosophy on making repros. I'm just hanging out for that forthcoming Kanaljacke, although a tankers on the list too.

Bombing IP

What Price Glory also offer similar products but I never see or hear any comments from anyone on the forum about their products ?, any reason why .

BIP

ausreenactor

Anybody in the US will always go with ATF for US WWII kit. Khakis, Brit Battledress, Brit Greens are all great though. I have a lot of JG stuff for Malaya/Borneo and Vietnam. They delve into kit that most don't. Post war French (Indo China) and USMC kit is also quite cheap.

Bombing IP

Give me a link to JG I do not know this company ,I am getting very interested in Vietnam regalia lately . I am putting together an airborne MIKE force M65 with correct patches ,no rank of course.
Thanks ausreenactor !.
BIP

Thomas Koehle

JG is as far as I know the initials of "What Price Glory`s" owner - bought some stuff from WPG over the time coz they sometimes sell items no one else has but from the quality perspective ATF is better in my opinion

ausreenactor

JG Jungle Greens, KD Khaki Drill.... It's a Commonwealth thing. HBTs or Khakis.... in a battle dress pattern.. Without a doubt the US stuff that both ATF and WPG make tends to ATF. They work with China, Jerry is all Pakistan. ATF leave a big hole though and Spearhead, WPG fill the void cheaply. You will be waiting a while for some ATF stuff after it sells out too. :( Which is often the case with WPG. Buy it when they put it up. I got the very last NZ 'lemon squeezer' hat. Watched the stock sit on 5 for years. Thought I was good. Nup.... They had not updated it. Found a crushed one behind some other stuff. I was VERY fortunate.

WWII Impressions is the shiznit too!

CBI

Yes a great jacket for sure but I am selling mine, virtually brand new size large for $60 shipped CONUS. Paypal only. PM if interested.

I know, I need to do a Buy/Sell post for this.............

Thomas Koehle

Would be interested!

PayPal fine for me - how about shipping either to Mexico where I work or Germany where I live?

Thomas