• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Argentine Flight Jackets ?

oose

Hi all,
does any one have any info on the Argentinian Flight Jackets, the first series of shots date to 1941 and the second lot to 1950's, are they 'home grown' or possibly Italian in origin ?

Series 2

All the best
stu

Falcon_52

A very interesting design indeed. Criss-cross chest pockets (with button flaps) and a button-on mouton collar. I don't recall seeing anything like these before. Thanks for posting!

Noel

Metatron

Almost certainly Italian inspired, they used baggy jackets with diagonal pockets and detachable lining/collar, actually quite unique for the time, and very much the norm for many military jackets today:

Piloti.jpg

PaoloCroci

I agree with Metatron
a clear italian inspiration in general construction, and in many particulars, but those flapped pockets on the chest is something I never come across in pictures of italian jackets.

Still wondering if someone would ever be interested in doing a repro of one of those lesser known WWII jackets...

havocpaul

I have always wished someone would make a copy of those Italian flight jackets, I see some re-enactor uniform makers now produce WW2 Italian airborne smocks but probably only because they were also used by German forces. Those Argentine jackets are a great design too. During the Falklands war (Malvinas) Argentine Air Force pilots wore MA-1's and Navy pilots wore G-1's, a friend of mine who served in the Argentine Navy said these were genuine American jackets.

oose

HI all,
Just an addition to this post, I thought it of interest to add these colour pics from the same series

All the best
stu