• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another offbeat offering from Mister Freedom

SuinBruin

A reversible Far East souvenir-style homage to Apollo 11. Not for everyone, but you can't deny MF has got a unique and creative approach to menswear. Personally I love it (I was even thinking before this post that it would be cool if MF did a NASA/Apollo-inspired collection), though tbh I'm not sure I would ever be able to actually wear it.

Click here for interesting jacket stuff.

Smithy

That's busier than a bookie on Melbourne Cup day!

I'd hate to see the price though, all those niche Japanese vintage hipster brands are usually eye-watering expensive.

johnwayne

What is it with this Japanese love of Americana? Traditional Japanese folk must hate it! Those jackets are a bit like the Vietnam tour/ reunion jackets that yea quite nice but as you say when and how often would you wear one unless your young and hip!!

CBI

love their stuff but can never get my head around their outrageous prices............

SuinBruin

MF stuff is expensive, true, but it is both very high quality and all made in Japan and the U.S. Compare that to RRL, which makes most of its stuff in China and is also very very pricey.

Christophe acknowledges the pricing issues, but when you look at the complexity and attention to detail in his work, it's no mystery why his stuff costs what it does. I mean, imagine the time and expertise required to do all the embroidery on the Apollo 11 jacket...

See CL discuss MF pricing here.

ButteMT61

It's taking advantage of the currently hot market for Japanese "souvenir" jackets.
I found some here that are way cool, but originals. the likes of all the "fashion" brands are selling new ones for thousands. It's nuts, but if I wanted one, I'd get an original for sure.
https://tarantulavintage.com/collections/clothing

8_1024x1024@2x.png

2_530x@2x.png