• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

amelia earhart jacket style

dmar836

Looks good. Tandy never impressed me and was always overpriced with few selections in leather. You got lucky, I'd say.
Nice looking jacket - you make it look easy!

Dave

STEVE S.

yeah, never saw much hide wise at tandy that did it for me, but took a chance on this one at $1.35 per sq ft. they have some nice hides, but at about 3 times the price as I can get elsewhere.

2BM2K

The leather reminds me of this original Aero A2 which was sold on Ebay a few years ago.

15141.jpg

STEVE S.

yes, that was the look I was aiming for.

Sadly, since this jacket was a surprise without any input from the Mrs. it doesn't fit her, so am making her another. If anyone is interested in a jacket for the missus, it is for sale cheap as in "cost of materials". Women have too many "bumpity bits" that complicate things!!

a2jacketpatches

STEVE S. said:
yeah, never saw much hide wise at tandy that did it for me, but took a chance on this one at $1.35 per sq ft. they have some nice hides, but at about 3 times the price as I can get elsewhere.

Yeah, their lambskins are 90- plus each. I'm getting bigger hides of equal quality for 40- to 50- shipped from an Ebayer in LA.