• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero leathers pike brothers B15 vs Eastman B15

blackrat2

I know and I saw you posted it up pretty quick that you were interested, shame if it did sell through this site based on your post but it could have gone via another avenue

Pilot

If by the (unfaithful) seller, you mean me...
Apologies. I was unaware that it is mandatory to use this channel only, for selling.
I never received a hint nor a message from anyone here mentioning he was interested...
If some hints were given, sorry I did not read /ID them as such.
Also, to reassure all, it was sold without anyone from here involved, via another support.
Again, apologies if I frustrated some potential buyer, it was no intention.... I was totally unaware of anyone interested in buying.

Last edited:

Teddy

As I own an Eastman B15 and have seen the Pike Bro one in pictures, I'd definitely vote for Eastman. It's just a beautiful, faithfully re-made jacket that is as close to the original Rough Wear as possible. The end zone twill is also very durable.

atlasfields

Bring this up from the depths... 4 pages and at times, derailed.

But does anyone have a solid comparison between the two brands or even factoring Bronson into the equation of the B-15's or B-15A's...

bn1966

Had the ELC B-15 a number of years ago, which was a lovely jacket with great textiles…moved it on as the shoulders were rather narrow for my swimmers type build. I’ve yet to own a jacket of any sort by Pike Brothers but have plenty of other PB clothing in my wardrobe of excellent quality…

atlasfields

Had the ELC B-15 a number of years ago, which was a lovely jacket with great textiles…moved it on as the shoulders were rather narrow for my swimmers type build. I’ve yet to own a jacket of any sort by Pike Brothers but have plenty of other PB clothing in my wardrobe of excellent quality…
I own a Bronson B-15a and also had a Buzz B-15a . Sold the Buzz and kept the Bronson. For the price difference … I could live with the Bronson !
Thanks guys. Most appreciated

Brettafett

Currently own...

2 ELC B-10s and a B-15. Keepers for life, love them and wear them often. The B-15 is my go too, for when it gets really cold and icy windy.
Knit parts are OK, but could be more taught imo, and the 'mouton' fur collars would be better with vintage mouton fur.
Yes, they are pricey, but I wore my 15 a lot over the last two winters...

1 BR B-10. Another great jacket, very warm, very comfy. Im just not the biggest fan of the darker knit. Mouton's better than ELCs however.

I have owned Bronson's B-10 and B-15, great jackets for the price. These are like 'budget' Buzz Ricksons.

Also owned ATF's (recent versions) and Pike Bros B-10 and B-15. Simply dont compare to the above. Completely different worlds.
Fits are off, patterns are very strange, materials not accurate, etc... If you are on a budget, secondhand ELC (If lucky) or BR... Or Bronson.

Brettafett

ELC B-15 comp Bronson B-15A (Bronson makes a killer jacket, for a very reasonable price)
Brett ELC B-15 42 2020.jpg

Bronson B-15A 2020.jpg

Brettafett

I will add, that the 'right' repros do appreciate in value. I paid circa £400 for my first ELC B-10.
These are like hen's teeth on the secondhand market. Few ever want to sell.

In Bronson's case, you spend shy over $200 for a decent B-15 repro, and can wear the heck out off it with no care or shame.

Originals can be found, but often need tic ($$), cleaning and only occasional wear.
Perhaps the best route if you're into collecting originals, is get both... And original to treasure and a budget repro to wear-&-not-care.

mulceber

Perhaps the best route if you're into collecting originals, is get both... And original to treasure and a budget repro to wear-&-not-care.
More or less what I did - Buzz B-15, original B-15A.

I will say that, for whatever reason, my experience has been that my original B-15A is in more solid condition than any of my original A-2s, so it's easier to wear it without too much worry.

Last edited: