• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Leather A-2's

Officer Dibley

anyone here got photos or experience of Aero's "Real Deal" horsehide and/or their russet goat ?

I'm caught between the two. Aero seems to me to be the best value for buying new and i want to pull the trigger but am caught between the two. Especially as i already have a GW that is very real deal.

Cheers in advance for any assistance.
Dave

Officer Dibley

Well, here's the Aero samples i requested yesterday and which arrived today. Thank you Sam for great customer service !

I lean towards the russet jerky hh . Maybe with mid or dark brown knits.

IMG_9114.JPG
IMG_9115.JPG

B-Man2

Whatever color hide you like, I would suggest requesting to see photos of a completed jacket before you buy it. It really is a challenge picking the right color hide without seeing it on a jacket first.

johnwayne

As the above proves it's really quite subjective, we've had numerous threads here over russet vs seal, goat vs horsehide etc so personally I'd go for something different to your GW. I've 3 russet A2's, one being original Dubow, a house ELC and a GW Doniger but, they are quite different ( not to my wife! ) so if I went for a 4th it'd be a seal with berry knit combo but like I say, it's a personal thing so don't rush your choice!

Greg Gale

I like the grain of the bottom right one, but as others have said, the color should look very different on a finished jacket, rather than a small piece of leather.

Officer Dibley

I ordered bottom right - real deal horse.
I exchanged a couple of messages with Ken from Aero and he's made some additional notes for the cutters so i'm sure i'll receive exactly what i want.
As it's unmodified, i always have the right of returning it i suppose but honestly can't see that. I'm not as fussy as some of you nutterz on here ! ;-)
Also, i just want one for riding my Beezer so needs a bit more room than my GW. I don't have the deep pockets of Some here and to have too many means none would get the wear they need.
Pics will follow in due course ...... :)

Officer Dibley

I didn’t follow through. Didn’t have enough confidence that Aero would produce something i was happy with. Or any maker in fact. I will now only ever buy an A-2 if i have handled it myself.