• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AAF Contract numbers

Carl

While on my never ending search to marry up clothing and equipment that is marked solely with a contract/order number and no maker , i am coming across alot of contracts with this prefix
11107 AC
now ,knowing that the norm for AC contracts PRIOR to July 43 is W535-AC- and Post July 43 is 33 038.
W= War Department followed by 535. 535 reflects that procurement was executed through the USAAF Material Command, Wright Field Ohio. All procurement agencies and districts will have a designated code prefix. This prefix was changed to 33-038 in the fiscal year 1944 and similar codes for all procurement agencies. 33= Wright Field and 038= Material Command.

Now ,if im correct in remembering what i have been told by member ROUGHWEAR , the Fiscal year ran between June to July (Is that correct Andrew ? i cant find the relevant message now !)

Here is an example from my contracts list , Its for the contract awarded to S J Campbell Co for "summer flying suits" Taking a stab at the dates it could be for an A4 suit contract but more likely the AN6550/AN-S-31 suit ?
upload_2018-5-8_21-40-7.png

After a fairly exhaustive search through all the AC contracts i have lists for , this number does not appear after Febuary 1944 , but appears a lot during 1943 .

Geeboo

Carl,
Do you have any production info about M421A, AN6551, ANJ2 & J7758A ?

Last edited:

Carl

I have contract details for :-
H&L Block contract #NXs 5134
Gordon & Ferguson contract#NXs 2366
Willis Geiger contract# NOS 290
David D Doniger contract# NSX12549
Drybak contract#'s NOS 1404 , XSS 16683
Meister Brothers # 288XSA 30026
Popular Mfg contract# NOS420

The other contracts i have not listed are either below $50k or after 1945

Last edited:

Geeboo

Nothing for Popular Manufacturing ? I do believe they are 1 of the earliest M421a maker.

Geeboo

Why are you so sure about "The other contracts i have not listed are either below $50k or after 1945" - where does this statement coming from ?
I asked cos this statement would have implied all other contracts listed by me in thread #7 but not mentioned by you in thread#8 would be below $50k in value for M421A

Carl

Why are you so sure about "The other contracts i have not listed are either below $50k or after 1945" - where does this statement coming from ?
I asked cos this statement would have implied all other contracts listed by me in thread #7 but not mentioned by you in thread#8 would be below $50k in value for M421A

It comes from this , the introductory note to the lists . Im only passing on information that i have found , i cant do anymore than that .
intro.PNG