• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

418th Night Fighter Squadron

ties70

Hi,

another one incised...418th NFS

Earlier today:
NFS_1.jpg

NFS_cut.jpg

And the condition right now...probably a little more "destruction" tomorrow morning, but hey, the patch was more work than I expected, so maybe I should just keep it this way:

NFS_old.jpg

Take care

Ties

ties70

I have added just a little bit more diluted dye to the outer (natural) hide area.

Here is the patch on my GW Dubow. Think it matches nicely:

dubow_nfs_darker.jpg

dubow_nfs_darker_2.jpg

dubow_nfs_darker_cut.jpg

Ties

a2jacketpatches

Awesome job Ties, is that veg tanned cowhide or goat? I just picked up two veg tanned goat hides from Tandy Leather, they were discontinued so I grabbed the last two. I think you mentioned a product like this to me many moons ago. This goat is great stuff, has a beautiful natural grain and incises extremely well.

Have to say that your incisions are dead on and you achieve the perfect gap.

shedonwanna

The veg tanned goat works great for incised patches. What's the thickness on the leather you are using here - looks to be 6oz? Here is a 416th I made awhile back followed by the cloth patch used as a pattern. This was a commissioned piece so I did not have complete freedom on colors and technique. I like to keep the cuts shallow to avoid long term damage form weather if the patch is going to be worn.

416thnfs.jpg

416thnfs_colth_usafm_zps79d5d3f6.jpg