• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

38-205 Werber & 37-3061-P Aero - Where are they?

33-1729

Looking at the pre-war A-2 jackets, I have not been able to find any pictures or information on two:

(1) Contract 38-205 by Werber Sportswear Co., of Newburgh, NY, created after their re-organization from the Werber Leather Coat Company of Beacon, NY, &

(2) Contract 37-3061-P from the newly formed Aero Leather Clothing Company of Newburgh, NY, employing some ex-Werber employees.

Understand an Aero 37-3061-P is in the care of Gary Eastman, but unaware of any others. Unaware of the existance of a Werber 38-205.

Does anyone have a photo of either a Werber 38-205 or Aero 37-3061-P?

Has a repro been made of either?

33-1729

Thank you! Didn't know Aero Leather Clothing Co. was ever in Brooklyn, NY. Ordered the Eastman A2 Identification Manual a few days ago and looking forward to it.

Contacted the Acme Depot and hope they can confirm the existence of the 38-205 contract by Werber Sportswear Co. (or point me where I may find the info).

33-1729

Just received a note from Marc at the Acme Depot and he doesn't believe the 38-205 Werber A2 contract actually exists, but may have been an incorrect interpretation of poorly worn tag numbers.

Members online

Latest posts