• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

32nd photo recon and 6th combat cargo squadrons

A

Anonymous

KGrHqRHJBQE9qpwrV2IBPl-mdDrB60_57.jpg
In recent years, I have quit buying other artist's patches, except for CBI, that he had listed on the bay a couple of years ago. However I saw these, and several more done by this artist Newlyn Roe who recently pasted away, and liked them. He was from the U.K and also did jacket painting. The patches were listed on the Bay under Old Club Badges. I consider the artwork very well executed, and close to what IMO period art might look like. I was surprised, that many of his patches were done on goatskin, which I prefer a flat surface to paint on.
DSCN5038.jpg

a2jacketpatches

The flat stuff is much easier to paint on, but just the texture alone without your added patina gives these patches a desirable appearance IMO. Like they're painted on actual leather. Guys want grain in their leather jackets and the same goes for patches, it just adds character plain and simple. If the paint rubbed off the high points a little, they would look even better. I'm experimenting with oil paint and some of JC's HH right now after giving the leather the HW treatment. The results look so real it's scary.

CBI

Cool patches!! Excellent!

Sean, post some of your results. I have used JC's hides as well for patches and yes - pretty amazing!

a2jacketpatches

CBI said:
Cool patches!! Excellent!

Sean, post some of your results. I have used JC's hides as well for patches and yes - pretty amazing!

Will do, The 512th FS will be the first, all I've got right now are some test swatches just to figure out what components to add in the paint. Trying to get the adhesion thing figured out to where it will be reliable for years.