• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

320th BG 441 BS Patch

Grant

Thought it'd be cool to show an original un-issued patch next to a patch that saw 41 combat missions as worn by the lead navigator of the 441st. The issued patch is sewn on a Spiewak A-2. The un-issued patch was made in France towards the end of the war; the issued patch was hand tooled when they were based in Italy. The 32oth flew the B-26 Marauder. #widowmaker #flyingprostitute
nsart_0001lrg.jpg

441bs320bg12afobv.jpg
320.jpeg

Grant

Very cool, thanks for posting. The 441st was a tactical outfit moving as the front lines moved through North Africa, Sardinia, Italy and France. It makes sense they probably employed workers in each country as they moved to have patches made, hence the variety. I own an A-2 originally belonging to the lead navigator of the 441st. He told me his 441st patch sewn on in Italy and the cuff knits replaced in France. He said his A-2 got him through 41 combat missions without a scratch so considered it a good luck charm.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Grant , your welcome as to the images of the 441st, I can make you a leather patch of any of those posted if you want , PM me for info. Awesome that you have an original A-2 with the unit emblem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

Spitfireace

Very cool, thanks for posting. The 441st was a tactical outfit moving as the front lines moved through North Africa, Sardinia, Italy and France. It makes sense they probably employed workers in each country as they moved to have patches made, hence the variety. I own an A-2 originally belonging to the lead navigator of the 441st. He told me his 441st patch sewn on in Italy and the cuff knits replaced in France. He said his A-2 got him through 41 combat missions without a scratch so considered it a good luck charm.
How was it that he parted ways with his lucky jacket?

Grant

He knew it was being well taken care of by someone who appreciated what he and the rest of the 441st did flying the Widowmaker.