• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940's Aviator Jacket

fishmeok

This is a take on a popular style from the 40's- sort of a biker jacket with a halfbelt back and epaulets- I've been wanting to try this for a while, finally got one made...

More pics here: http://superiorjackets.com/?p=800
Cheers
Mark

100.jpg

104.jpg

118.jpg

123.jpg

I like that jacket a lot.
If pressed, I might say the halfbelt is a hair too wide, but that's me being exceptionally nitpicky.
Really nice job, man!

dujardin

nice one
and well done

the back is the side i prefer
personnaly, i don't like too much the in front (the large piece of leather aded), just my taste
but the collar is coolllllllllll

in general, a good looking jacket

;) marcel

oose

Hi Mark,
Great Jacket, love what your doing, thought you would like to see this private purchase worn by a Dutch pilot in Australia.

All the best
stu

jack aranda

All that jacket needs is wearing for ten or fifteen years. :cool: :cool: Alas, it won't be me wearing it. The piggy bank is as empty as the closet is full :( . That pocket is so cool. Thanks for the pics, Mark.

dujardin

wowwww Stu

what a brilliant found, this jacket is really coolllllllllllll

battle dress appearance in leather

thankssssssssss

a good idea of new model for Mark :p

fishmeok

jack aranda said:
All that jacket needs is wearing for ten or fifteen years. :cool: :cool: Alas, it won't be me wearing it. The piggy bank is as empty as the closet is full :( . That pocket is so cool. Thanks for the pics, Mark.

That's OK Ben-this would be too big for you anyway- I made it so I could wear it comfortably with a sweater under it (21" shoulders) I tried it out Monday in 4 F temps, was surprised at how well it did with a big wool sweater underneath- not so well that I didn't wear my ersatz B-3 today though...

That second jacket is very nice- I always thought a horse version of an officers ETO jacket would be pretty nifty as well.

I'll have some pics of me wearing it when it gets a little warmer out. This will probably go up on e-bay in a bit, have to keep'em moving.

Cheers
Mark

HHjackets

Miles_Archer said:
... the halfbelt is a hair too wide, but that's me being exceptionally nitpicky...

nice jacket, but i also think the belt at the back would look better not being that wide.

arclight

Great job on that jacket Mark!

Here is the human subjectivety for ya'...................I think the width of the half belt looks good . Also I like the placement of the wrist buckles, on top of the sleeve for easier adjustment.

Keep 'em coming.

arclight

deand

Great work as always, Mark! I hope your business is doing well. I plan on being a customer one of these days.

dean

fishmeok

Here's some live shots- I apologise for the model, he's no George Clooney...

I made the sleees longer as I assumed that this would be used as a motorcycle jacket sooner or later, also forgot to take my wallet, cell phone, keys, and misc out of the D pocket first.

064.jpg

057.jpg

062.jpg

060.jpg

056.jpg